It’s important to clean your flooring on a regular basis to keep it in top-notch condition and extend the life of it. Leaving debris on the surface can cause abrasions and mar the surface over time in high traffic areas. It’s recommended to mop your floors monthly.
What you’ll need:
- Soft-bristled broom
- Mop and bucket
- PH neutral cleanser diluted with water (We use Simple Green®)
- Soft-Bristled brush
- Using the soft-bristled broom, sweep away all debris
- Dilute your PH neutral cleanser with about 1 part cleanser, 8 parts water
- Apply diluted cleaning solution to your floors with a mop
- Use the soft-bristled brush to clean any spills
- Rinse the floor with water
- Remove all excess water using the squeegee and wet-vacc
- Repeating steps 5-6 to ensure the you’re not leaving cleaning solution is recommended
- After rinsing thoroughly, make sure flooring is properly dried
Our process begins with prepping the existing surface. We grind the top layer off of the concrete, only removing a fraction of an inch. This creates optimal texture for absorption and adhesion of our products. During this phase we also repair any major cracks in the concrete. Next, a vapor barrier epoxy is spread out, preventing any water retained in the concrete from surfacing and affecting adhesion or causing bubbling. This first epoxy layer can either be clear, at which point paint chips are added for chip flooring, or the vapor barrier epoxy is in the solid color of your choice. Finally, the top coat is added in the same color as the base layer. This layer does all the heavy lifting and is what creates the durability of the system. It’s so strong, it’s used on aircraft carriers! Most projects need one day to cure and harden. After that, it’s back to business as usual and enjoying your new durable and protective surface for years to come!